Proactive services is one of the 4 pillars of comprehensive IT management, and it’s a hallmark of a true managed services provider (MSP). From tracking all devices and servers to network monitoring and alerting, proactive security measures and regularly schedules maintenance on systems, tools and hardware.
What is it?
As the term suggests, proactive services prevent network and infrastructure issues by maintaining hardware and software, monitoring all devices, identifying potential problems, and addressing them before they begin to cause widespread impact across an organization.
At Apogee, we set the tone by saying, “If it plugs in and beeps, we monitor and manage it.” Many MSPs only do the first half. We excel equally at that workflows and processes that come into play ONCE the agent identifies a problem. It’s just one more reason why we have clients for 25+ years.
Remote Monitoring & Management
Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) is an industry term used to describe how an MSP manages your business – proactively and without being onsite.
As part of the Apogee managed services solution, we install software and tag all client PCs, laptops, workstations, servers, and any other devices you wish to manage. The ‘agent’ serves as a secure trackers of sorts, feeding information back to us, so that we can monitor and manage these devices proactively.
Through RMM, we provide a host of proactive services including but not limited to:
- Full infrastructure support – security, network, server, storage
- 24/7/365 real-time network monitoring & alerting
- Proactive, regularly scheduled maintenance on systems, tools & hardware
- Patch management & deployment, as well as other proactive security measures
- 24/7/365 critical issue remediation via our Apogee-staffed Network Operations Center
- Vendor liaison for infrastructure-related issues
- Support tools including remote support, realtime inventory & reporting
- Automated system inventory & management