If you’re a small or medium-sized business, you probably know technology is the key to business success. In fact, several household brands transformed their companies by becoming technology companies that sold a product. (Domino’s Pizza, anyone?)
But you’re probably wondering HOW you can do that, or maybe you even think your IT is doing just fine. You don’t need to make drastic changes. Your break-fix vendor comes around once in awhile when something breaks, you have anti-virus software running, you back up your files on an external drive once a week, and your computer seems to be running status quo.
Regardless of the state of your IT – and whether it’s really doing ‘just fine’ or not – it’s critical to evaluate your technology on a regular basis. Similar to a health check or a test, you need to review your IT strategy at a high level from top to bottom to make sure it’s really supporting your overall business objectives.
Components to review include:
- Overall IT setup and support, whether in-house or with a managed services provider
- Occasional or frequent network issues and any impact to staff productivity, customer satisfaction, and revenue
- Proactive initiatives – monitoring & alerting, tracking all devices and their condition
- IT security – ensuring multiple forms of protection, backup and disaster recovery, employee training; issues at any level
- Any high-impact events such as network downtime, a lengthy outage, natural disaster, etc.
- Relationship with current IT support – are they responsive? Issues resolved quickly and efficiently? Are you happy with them?
- Best practices / emerging technologies and adoption – when it’s worth it, IT budgeting for upgrades, etc.
- Licenses and renewals – are they up-to-date and being tracked correctly? Do you know? How and where are they tracked?
- Will your current IT setup sustain your business growth for the next 5 years?
It can be a bit of a process to evaluate all these components, and we'd like to help. Below you'll find a link to our free OmniScan Network Assessment - perfect for small and medium-sized businesses.
OmniScan analyzes your IT environment at the macro and micro levels to give you a better sense of where your technology stands. Still have questions? Don't hesitate to contact us today!