January 14th is right around the corner and as most of us know, the 14th marks the end of the Windows 7 lifecycle. In addition to the end of Windows 7, Microsoft will also stop supporting their Server 2008, Exchange 2010, and Small Business Server products. What happens when Windows 7 support ends? Is there a major difference between Windows 7 and Windows 10?
When Windows 7 ends your computer will still function, but Microsoft will no longer provide the following for Windows 7 users:
- Technical support for any issues
- Software update
- Security updates or fixes
The best thing to do for your computer is to update to Windows 10 as soon as possible.
“If you continue to use Windows 7 after support has ended, your PC will still work, but it will become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses,” Microsoft warns.
What are the major differences between Windows 7 and Windows 10?
- the personal assistant Cortanta will have new commands and the ability to ask questions about meetings, and anything else you want to know without having to log in
- many more features on the Control Panel and Computer Management
- enhances the features of search on your computer
- better tools for finding and managing your files
- allows users to create virtual desktops
Do you want your computer to have better security, faster speed and improved compatibility? If so, Windows 10 is perfect for you!