Securing Company Data: A Bad Day Shouldn’t be Your Last Day
It happens. Good companies have gone under because of one really bad day. It could just be a disk going bad on a critical server and poor data security measures. It could be a pipe burst or a fire.
There are a lot of things that can happen in the world of IT that will ruin your day. Our job is to make tomorrow a better one.
Every service provider knows that backup processes are notoriously finicky. In fact, failure of a backup for a day or two – or even for several days – is fairly common. Service providers may not worry about it, because they’ll probably get the backup going again soon.
In the meantime, you probably won’t have a situation where you need those backups. Probably.
Our Data Backup Approach
“Probably” isn’t good enough. At Apogee IT Services, we use a unique "belt & suspenders" approach to Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR):
- 2 independent methods of backup to local disk
- 1 method of off-site backup – either to the cloud or via tapes that are stored offsite
- Optional file-based backup to cloud to recover endpoint or server data quickly in case of corruption or accidental deltion
- Protects your data even if your entire IT environment and local backups are destroyed
- Methods are "image-based" functions (to restore an entire server and even a virtual host as-is including OS, configuration, and software rather than just the data)
- Backup monitoring and reporting to ensure clients' backups are occuring and working correctly